Student Alumni Association
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) connects current students to over 140,000 alumni. SAA allows students to meet a diverse group of members from various class years and colleges, connect with alumni, and develop leadership and event-planning skills.
Benefits of SAA
- Participate in fun events like Ooozeball, Nearly Naked Mile, the Student Alumni Networking Dinner, and more.
- Start building your network before you leave URI.
- Develop resume-worthy skills.
- Be part of an amazing community.
Meet the Board
Kyersten Frabizio ’23
Ana Duke ’23
Jay Spalding ’23
Administration and Finance
Madison Stacey ’25
Marketing and Communications Chair
Conor Battell ’26
Katie Torlai ’25
Katie Tenebrusco ’26
Kayla Bartolotta ’26
Shelby Lefoley ’25
Training, Development and Alumni Relations
Garrett Acuna ’24
Appreciation and Traditions Chair
SAA hosts several events each year: Nearly Naked Mile, the Student Alumni Networking Dinner, Rhody Alumni Mentoring Students (RAMS), and Oozeball.
Be Rhody the Ram
Rhody is always the life of the party, and SAA students have the unique opportunity to be Rhody the Ram! This is a paid position open to current students. Applications are available on Handshake prior to the start of each semester.
About SAA Membership
The Student Alumni Association is an unfunded Student Senate-recognized student organization sponsored by the URI Foundation & Alumni Engagement. Membership is open at the beginning of each semester.
SAA members must meet minimum attendance and participation requirements as outlined by the SAA board at the start of each semester. Expectations include:
- Participate in general meetings
- Maintain active status
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5+ and be in good standing
- Behave professionally and responsibly whenever representing SAA
- Be flexible and willing to assist with programs and activities
- Support and endorse all SAA programs on social media and by word of mouth
- Assist with recruiting and welcoming new members