Women’s Leadership Events
Connect, Learn, and Network
By coming together, we can expand our presence in the University community, build new relationships, and do more for URI women. The Council is always looking for ways to convene and share our ideas, experiences, and perspectives. You can learn about some of more most successful events below, and be sure there will be more to come in the future.
Women in Leadership Speaker Series
The Women in Leadership Speaker Series showcases the inspiring careers of the many successful alumnae and friends of URI and provides the opportunity to share knowledge and experience with students and alumnae.
We invite you to enjoy our previous programs:
- Margo Cook ’86; Host: Nikki Noya ’00
- Sixcia Devine ’99; Host: Elizabeth Demers ’03
- Dr. Karina Edmonds ’92; Host: Michelle Saunders M.A. ’10
- Christine Heenan; Host: Marybeth Reilly-McGreen
- Netta Jenkins ’08: Practicing Bold Allyship
- Kelly Lockwood Primus ’84: The Career Advice You Probably Didn’t Get
- Tolani Olagundoye, Pharm.D.’17
- Tammi Reiss; Host: Marybeth Reilly-McGreen
- Navyn Salem, Hon.’21; Host: Maya Vadiveloo, Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Tracy Santos ’24; Host: Marybeth Reilly-McGreen
Brunch and Learn
Students had the opportunity to meet alumnae from a variety of professions, expand their networks, and prepare for life after college. Kelly Primus ’84, CEO of Leading NOW spoke about strategic relationships, and Reilly Lindsey ’15, PT, DPT discussed the importance of health and wellness.
Panelists included Anne Lipsitz ’83, ’04, career and executive coach; Amy Leasca Casey ’04, media and entertainment executive; and Liz Rogers ’17, account supervisor, Mind+Matter. The event was hosted by Denise Hempe ’91, executive director human resources, New York Blood Center Enterprises. View photos from the event.
Celebration of Women in Leadership
The Celebration of Women in Leadership is a fireside chat and networking event that recognizes female-identified student leaders for their contributions to the University community. Our 2022 featured speaker was Anne Lipsitz ’83, M.A.’04, an independent career and executive coach with a focus on strengths-based leadership. View photos from the event.