Members of the Young Alumni Council are responsible for selecting, planning, and promoting a variety of events for young alumni. These include both social gatherings and professional networking events. Young Alumni are defined as having graduated from the university within the past ten years. Meetings:
Bi-monthly meetings. Membership:
Any alumnus/na who has graduated from the University within the last decade and who is interested in helping to plan Young Alumni focused events. Contact:
Alumni Relations at 401.874.2242. Council Responsibilities:
- Support the goals and mission of the Alumni Association
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Young Alumni specific events
- Provide opportunities for Young Alumni to stay connected with the university
- Attend or call into bi-monthly meetings. If a member misses three consecutive meetings without notice or being excused, he/she will be removed from the council
- Attend Young Alumni specific events, and participate in them on an as-needed basis
- Act as ambassadors for the Alumni Relations Office by reaching out to networks of alumni, including affinity groups and friends, to inform them of upcoming events, as well as recruit volunteers to join the Young Alumni Council
- Be a dues-paying member of the Alumni Association
Committee Working Chair responsibilities include being an active member of the Young Alumni Council, assisting in running council meetings, recruiting volunteers for the council, serving as the liaison to the Big Chill Weekend Planning Committee, and being proactive in researching, planning, and implementing Young Alumni specific events. This position will be voted for on annual basis, however not limited to a single term.
Members will be required to fulfill each of the responsibilities listed in order to remain an active member of the council.